TapKids & Teens Classes
Be-bop. Tip-tip-tap-tap. Bam wham zoo! Tap dance has the transformative power to make the body a dynamic sound machine. Each week when your child puts on their tap shoes they will feel a lively beat bubble up and boil within them. As tap dancers, they will live, breathe, feel, and experience the playfulness, creativity, and wonder that comes from making music. Students will develop a deep understanding of phrasing and musical form, improve rhythm and co-ordination, and have a tremendously loud amount of fun. Classes follow a syllabus of studies that is routinely updated. Ba-dum-boom!
See us in action!
- Jazz/Tap Combo: age 6 beginners; age 5 with 1-2 years of structured dance experience. Either Wednesday 4:15-5:15 pm or Saturday 9:15-10:15 am.
- Primary: ages 7-8 beginners; age 6 if moving up from PrePrimary Tap. Either Wednesday 5:15-6:00 pm or Saturday 11:30 am-12:15 pm.
- Junior 1: age 9 beginners; ages 7-8 if moving up from Primary Tap. Monday 5:00-6:00 pm.
- Junior 2: ages 9-11 moving up from Junior 1 Tap. Monday 6:00-7:00 pm.
- PreIntermediate: ages 11+ moving up from Junior 2 Tap. Saturday 12:30-1:30 pm.
- Intermediate 1: age 13+, subject to teacher recommendation. Thursday 5:45-6:45 pm.
- Intermediate 2/Senior: age 14+, subject to teacher recommendation. Thursday 6:45-7:45 pm. Taking other styles at this level is strongly recommended.
- Teen: For dancers age 13+ with little or no Tap training. Tuesday 5:00-6:00 pm.
We are still accepting students for our 2020/21 season. Please contact the office to step up a trial.