TapKids & Teens Classes
Be-bop. Diddley-doo-wop. Tip-tip-tap-tap. Bam wham zoo! Tap dance has the transformative power to make the body a dynamic sound machine. Each week when your child puts on their special dance shoes they will feel a lively beat bubble and boil within them. As tap dancers, they will live, breathe, feel and experience the playfulness, creativity and wonder that comes from making music. Students will develop a deep understanding of phrasing and musical form, improve rhythm and co-ordination and have a tremendously loud amount of fun. Classes follow a syllabus of studies that is routinely updated. Ba-dum-boom!
See us in action!
- Jazz/Tap Combo: age 6 beginners; age 5 with 1-2 full years of structured dance experience. Thursday 3:45-4:45.
- Primary: ages 7-8 beginners; age 6 if moving up from PrePrimary Tap. Either Thursday 4:45-5:30 or Saturday 9:45-10:30.
- Junior 1: age 9 beginners; ages 7-8 if moving up from Primary Tap. Either Monday 5:30-6:30 or Thursday 5:30-6:30.
- Junior 2: ages 9-11 moving up from Junior 1 Tap. Either Monday 4:30-5:30 or Saturday 12:30-1:30.
- PreIntermediate: ages 11+ moving up from Junior 2 Tap. Thursday 6:30-7:30.
- Intermediate 2/Senior: age 13+, subject to teacher recommendation. Saturday 1:30-2:30. Taking other styles at this level is strongly recommended.
- Teen: For dancers age 13+ with little or no Tap training. Saturday 2:30-3:30.