TapKids & Teens Classes
Be-bop. Tip-tip-tap-tap. Bam wham zoo! Tap dance has the transformative power to make the body a dynamic sound machine. Each week when your child puts on their tap shoes they will feel a lively beat bubble up and boil within them. As tap dancers, they will live, breathe, feel, and experience the playfulness, creativity, and wonder that comes from making music. Students will develop a deep understanding of phrasing and musical form, improve rhythm and co-ordination, and have a tremendously loud amount of fun. Classes follow a syllabus of studies that is routinely updated. Ba-dum-boom!
See us in action!
- Jazz/Tap Combo: age 6 beginners; age 5 with 1-2 full years of structured dance experience. Either Thursday 2:45-3:45 pm or Saturday 1:15-2:15 pm.
- Primary: ages 7-8 beginners; age 6 if moving up from Jazz/Tap Combo. Either Thursday 3:45-4:30 pm or Saturday 9:30-10:15 am.
- Junior 1: age 9 beginners; ages 7-8 if moving up from Primary Tap. Either Monday 5:30-6:30 pm or Thursday 4:30-5:30 pm.
- Junior 2: ages 9-11 moving up from Junior 1 Tap. Either Monday 4:30-5:30 pm or Saturday 10:15-11:15 am.
- PreIntermediate: ages 11+ moving up from Junior 2 Tap. Thursday 5:30-6:30 pm.
- Intermediate 1: ages 13+ moving up from PreIntermediate Tap. Thursday 6:30-7:30 pm.
- Intermediate 2/Senior: age 14+, subject to teacher recommendation. Saturday 12:15-1:15 pm. Taking other styles at this level is strongly recommended.
- Teen: For dancers age 13+ with little or no Tap training. Saturday 2:15-3:15 pm.
Registration for 2019/20 is open. Our website reflects the 2019/20 schedule.