ModernKids & Teens Classes
Is your child a pioneer of new ideas, an explorer extraordinaire, or a tad on the rebellious side? Modern dance is the “wild child” of the formalized dance techniques. Modern dance promotes open-mindedness and supports self-expression. It is highly permissive and very creative. In Modern class, students will become best friends with the floor, improvise, and discover their limitless movement potential, all while developing technical skills. Classes follow an updated syllabus of studies along with open work, designed to allow for flexibility and creativity in instruction. Because of the demands at higher levels, Intermediate and Senior level students must also take Ballet.
- Junior 1: ages 7-9. Wednesday 6:00-7:00 pm.
- Junior 1/2: A split-level class for ages 7-12. Saturday 11:30am-12:30pm.
- Junior 2: ages 10-12 beginners; ages 9-11 moving up from Junior 1 Modern. Wednesday 7:00-8:00 pm.
- PreIntermediate: ages 11+ moving up from Junior 2 Modern. Twice weekly class; Monday 6:45-7:45 pm & Wednesday 7:15-8:15 pm. Students at this level are not required to take additional classes, but DSS &/or Ballet are recommended.
- Intermediate 1: age 13+, subject to teacher recommendation. Twice weekly class; Monday 4:45-5:45 pm & Wednesday 5:00-6:00 pm. Students at this level are required to take at least one ballet class. Dancers’ Stretch & Strength (DSS) is also recommended.
- Intermediate 2/Senior: age 14+, subject to teacher recommendation. Twice weekly class; Monday 5:45-6:45 pm & Wednesday 6:00-7:00 pm. Students at this level must be dancing in a minimum of 2 additional technical classes weekly, at least one of which must be Ballet. Additional class options are DSS and Jazz.
We are still accepting students for our 2020/21 season. Please contact the office to step up a trial.