JazzKids & Teens Classes
Is your child full of personality and a little on the bold side, or looking for help coming out of their shell? Students can expect to strut their stuff in Jazz class. Jazz dance is a stylized movement form that has developed in parallel to American popular music. It promotes individuality and performance. Seen on TV, advertising campaigns, on stage and in musicals, Jazz dance is the leader of the entertainment biz. Students will improve musicality, move with power, and learn to attack movement with a vigour that is Jazz. Students in PreIntermediate or higher levels take 2 classes weekly. Because of the demands at higher levels, Intermediate and Senior level students must also take Ballet.
- Jazz/Tap Combo: age 6 beginners; age 5 with 1-2 full years of structured dance experience. Either Thursday 2:45-3:45 pm or Saturday 1:15-2:15 pm.
- Primary: age 7-8 beginners; age 6 if moving up from PrePrimary Jazz. Either Thursday 4:45-5:30 pm or Saturday 10:30-11:15 am.
- Junior 1: age 9-10 beginners; age 7-8 if moving up from Primary Jazz. Either Thursday 5:30-6:30 pm or Saturday 11:15-12:15 pm
- Junior 2: age 11-12 beginners; age 9-11 moving up from Junior 1 Jazz. Either Tuesday 4:30-5:30, Thursday 6:30-7:30 pm or Saturday 12:15-1:15 pm.
- PreIntermediate: age 11+ moving up from Junior 2 Jazz. Twice weekly class; Tuesday & Thursday 4:30-5:30 pm.
- Intermediate 1: age 13+, subject to teacher recommendation. Twice weekly class; Tuesday & Thursday 5:30-6:30 pm. Students at this level are required to take at least one Ballet class as well. Dancers’ Stretch & Strength (DSS) is also recommended.
- Intermediate 2/Senior: age 14+, subject to teacher recommendation. Twice weekly class; Tuesday & Thursday 6:30-7:30 pm. Students at this level must be dancing in a minimum of 2 additional classes weekly, at least one of which must be Ballet. Additional class options are DSS or Modern.
- Teen: For dancers age 13+ with no structured Jazz training. Saturday 3:15-4:15 pm.
Our 2019/20 Season is currently underway. Classes run from September through June. In order to ensure a positive experience for all students, we are no longer accepting new students for this year. Check out our awesome Summer Camps, or join our Mailing List to get notified when next year’s registration opens to the public in June.