JazzKids & Teens Classes
Is your child full of personality? A little on the bold side? Or they want to be? Students can expect to strut their stuff in Jazz class. Jazz dance is a stylized movement form that has developed in parallel to American popular music. It promotes individuality and demands performance. Seen on TV, advertising campaigns, on stage and in musicals, Jazz dance is the leader of the entertainment biz. Students will improve musicality, move with power and learn to attack movement with a vigour that is Jazz. Students in PreIntermediate level and higher take 2 classes weekly. Because of the demands at higher levels, Intermediate 2 and Senior level students must also take ballet.
- Jazz/Tap Combo: age 6 beginners; age 5 with 1-2 full years of structured dance experience. Thursday 3:45-4:45.
- Primary: age 7-8 beginners; age 6 if moving up from PrePrimary Jazz. Either Thursday 3:45-4:30 or Saturday 10:45-11:30.
- Junior 1: age 9-10 beginners; age 7-8 if moving up from Primary Jazz. Either Thursday 4:30-5:30 or Saturday 12:30-1:30.
- Junior 2: age 11-12 beginners; age 9-11 moving up from Junior 1 Jazz. Either Tuesday 4:30-5:30 or Thursday 6:30-7:30 or Saturday 11:30-12:30.
- PreIntermediate: age 11+ moving up from Junior 2 Jazz. Twice weekly class, each student chooses 1 “A” class and 1 “B” class. Preintermediate A: Either Tuesday 5:30-6:30 or Thursday 5:30-6:30. Preintermediate B: Either Friday 5:30-6:30 or Saturday 1:30-2:30
- Intermediate 1: age 13+, subject to teacher recommendation. Twice weekly class: Tuesday & Thursday 4:30-5:30. Students at this level are required to take at least one additional class, either Ballet or DSS.
- Intermediate 2: age 14+, subject to teacher recommendation. Twice weekly class: Tuesday & Thursday 6:30-7:30. Students at this level must be dancing in a minimum of 2 additional classes weekly, at least one of which must be Ballet. Additional class options are DSS or Modern.
- Senior: age 14+, subject to teacher recommendation. Twice weekly class: Tuesday & Thursday 5:30-6:30. Students at this level must be dancing in a minimum of 3 additional classes weekly, at least one of which must be Ballet. Additional class options are DSS or Modern.
- Teen: For dancers age 13+ with no structured Jazz training. Saturday 3:30-4:30.