Hip HopKids & Teens Classes
Is your child dying to rock the floor and show off their mad style? Hip Hop dance is powerful and electrifying. Students will learn about the history, music, culture, technique, and styles that make Hip Hop one of the most popular genres of today. Hip Hop dance cultivates individuality, allowing each student the opportunity to exhibit their uniqueness and personal style. They are encouraged to let their voice be heard, groove wholeheartedly to the beat and bring pride and confidence into their dancing. Ain’t no half steppin’ here!
- Primary: ages 6-8 with no structured hiphop experience. Either Wednesday 4:45-5:30 pm or Friday 5:45-6:30 pm.
- Junior 1: ages 9-10 beginners; ages 7-9 moving up from Primary Hip Hop. Tuesday 6:30-7:30 pm.
- Junior 2: ages 11-12 beginners; ages 9-11 moving up from Junior 1 Hip Hop. Either Wednesday 6:30-7:30 pm or Friday 3:30-4:30 pm.
- PreIntermediate: ages 11+ moving up from Junior 2 Hip Hop. Wednesday 5:30-6:30 pm.
- Intermediate 1: ages 13+ moving up from PreIntermediate Hip Hop. Wednesday 7:30-8:30 pm.
- Intermediate 2/Senior: ages 14+ moving up from Intermediate 1 Hip Hop. Saturday 1:15-2:15 pm.
- Teen: For dancers age 13+ with no structured Hip Hop training. Tuesday 7:30-8:30 pm.
Our 2019/20 Season is currently underway. Classes started in September. In order to ensure a positive experience for all students, we are happy to set up a trial class for any newcomers. If you are interested in joining our programs, please contact the office to check availability and arrange your child’s trial class.