Hip HopKids & Teens Classes
Is your child dying to rock the floor and show off their mad style? Hip Hop dance is powerful and electrifying. Students will learn about the history, music, culture, technique, and styles that make Hip Hop one of the most popular genres of today. Hip Hop dance cultivates individuality, allowing each student the opportunity to exhibit their uniqueness and personal style. They are encouraged to let their voice be heard, groove wholeheartedly to the beat and bring pride and confidence into their dancing. Ain’t no half steppin’ here!
- Primary: ages 6-8 with no structured hiphop experience. Either Tuesday 5:30-6:15 pm or Saturday 4:00-4:45 pm.
- Junior 1: age 9 with no structured hiphop experience; ages 7-9 moving up from Primary Hip Hop. Monday 6:00-7:00 pm.
- Junior 2: ages 10-12 with no structured hiphop experience; ages 9-11 moving up from Junior 1 Hip Hop. Tuesday 6:15-7:15 pm.
- PreIntermediate: ages 11+ moving up from Junior 2 Hip Hop. Saturday 2:45-3:45 pm.
- Intermediate 1: ages 13+ moving up from Preintermediate Hip Hop. Wednesday 6:00-7:00 pm.
- Intermediate 2/Senior: ages 14+ moving up from Intermediate 1 Hip Hop. Saturday 2:45-3:45 pm.
- Open Level Freestyle Hip Hop: ages 11+, open to students taking Preinter-Senior Hip Hop class at Free House, looking to expand their freestyle skills. Saturday 3:45-4:45 pm.
- Teen: For dancers age 13+ with little or no structured Jazz training. Saturday 1:45-2:45 pm.
Registration for our 2020/21 season is open now!